We believe there’s a lot to be said for doing the right thing — simply because it’s the right thing to do.
Awards and recognition aren’t why we do it. We do it because we live here. We do it because we raise our families here. And we do it because we would like to leave our beautiful area of New Hampshire as pristine as we found it over two centuries ago.
At Monadnock, environmental stewardship is one of our core beliefs. All of our products are manufactured under a third-party certified ISO 14001 Environmental Management System. We’re proud to be Forest Stewardship Council certified by Preferred by Nature.
All of our products are manufactured carbon neutral through the investment in emission reductions certified under the GHG Clean Projects Protocol (VERs). All of our products are made with Green-e certified 100% renewable electricity (RECs).
You can tell a lot about a company by the company it keeps. We have been recognized by leading environmental organizations including the Forest Stewardship Council, The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests and have earned the Governors Award for Pollution Prevention as well as the Cornerstone Award from New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility for our environmental efforts.
Crafting extraordinary solutions for a sustainable world exemplifies who we are and what we do.
We believe we have an obligation to do good. We have an opportunity when our local schools, parks and recreation departments, town councils, and citizens can benefit from our actions. When we take advantage of those opportunities — by repurposing or reusing materials and improving, honoring, and educating our community — our success is mutually beneficial.
We are committed to responsible stewardship of the environment by:
- Promoting environmental awareness among our customers, suppliers, converters, employees and local residents.
- Providing environmentally sustainable products and services to our customers.
- Maintaining our record of compliance with environmental regulations and standards.
- Continuing to invest in research to determine innovative ways to reduce waste and to efficiently use natural resources.
- Choosing materials with minimal environmental impacts during the design and development of new products.
- Encouraging legislators and state officials to develop sound environmental policies and regulations.
- Senior management is committed to continual improvement in pollution prevention and in reducing environmental impacts identified in our 14001 Environmental Management System
ISO 14001 EMS
We have identified all of the environmental aspects of our manufacturing operation, quantified the impacts and are committed to continuous improvement.
Ecovadis Gold Medal Sustainability Rating
As part of a commitment to our people, our community and the environment, Monadnock Paper Mills participates in this thorough assessment of its sustainability practices through EcoVadis, the global standard for business sustainability ratings. The EcoVadis assessment includes 21 sustainability criteria across four core themes: Environment, Labor & Human Rights, Ethics and Sustainable Procurement. Our latest rating was completed in the summer of 2023.
What's Your Sustainability Story?
You’re doing well by doing good. Calculate your environmental impacts and tell your story with colorful icons.
Monadnock operates under a third-party certified ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS)
ISO 9001 Quality Policy
Monadnock Paper Mills, Inc. is committed to:
- Delivering premium quality products that consistently meet our customers’ expectations, understanding that satisfied customers provide job security for us all;
- Providing innovative and timely new product design and development;
- Having employees share responsibility for quality, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction;
- Complying with requirements of and continually improving the Quality Management System;
- Providing sustainable products and services to our customers.
- Monadnock will communicate its policy to all employees and will provide the training necessary to assure that all employees understand and can meet their responsibilities for quality.
- Monadnock will create a work environment that encourages and provides a means for all employees to contribute to improved performance at all levels. Continuous improvement is the job of each Monadnock employee.
- Senior management will establish and review quality objectives that lead to the improvement of Monadnock’s performance.
- Monadnock’s quality system will meet the requirements of ISO 9001 and be implemented and maintained at all levels in the organization.
All Monadnock printing and packaging papers meet Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) standards and bear the FSC logo. Technical/specialty paper grades may be manufactured to FSC standards upon request. License Code: FSC C018866
The FSC label ensures the responsible use of forest resources that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.
New Hampshire Businesses For Social Responsibility
People, Principles & Profit. NHBSR convenes, inspires and supports businesses and their community stakeholders to build a more sustainable and prosperous state for all.
Monadnock has been an NHBSR member for well over 10 years. Learn more about this great organization. If you aren’t already a member, you’re missing out on rich conversations with dynamic, caring and inspiring leaders and professionals.
Monadnock strives for transparency and third-party verification of compliance to globally accepted performance standards.
Monadnock is an EPA Green Power Leader. The Green Power Partnership is a voluntary program that encourages organizations to use green power as a way to reduce the environmental impacts associated with conventional electricity use.
One hundred percent of Monadnock’s papers are made with renewable wind-powered electricity that is certified by Green-e® (Third-party Certified Renewable Energy Certificates). This places Monadnock in the EPA 100% Green Power User group.
Monadnock is an EPA SmartWay Transport Partner. By voluntarily moving goods in the cleanest, most efficient way possible in the U.S. and Canada, SmartWay partners protect the environment, enhance North America’s energy security and foster economic vitality.
Monadnock Paper Mills, Inc. has joined as a patron of the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP), highlighting its environmental leadership and commitment to the industry’s growing sustainable supply chain. SGP is a non-profit organization that certifies printing facilities’ sustainability best practices, including and beyond regulatory compliance. SGP advocates best practices and innovation among print community stakeholders, aligning the printing industry and its customers in the pursuit of a more accountable sustainable supply chain.